Playa Azul Directions

The new route to get to Play Azul.

  • Approaching town from Sonoyta, exit at the overpass and go under it to take Highway 3 East.
  • Go East about 8 ½ miles. Just after you cross the Railroad Tracks you will have to turn to the extreme right at the intersection with Freemont Blvd. heading south.
  • Once you are on Fremont about one mile towards Rocky Point you will see signs indicating to turn (left) toward the sea to get to Encanto.
  • Take this road about 3.8 miles where there is a Y in the road. Take the road to the left which makes a 45 degree left turn about 75 yards from the Y.
  • This section of the road goes for about 1.9 miles and runs into the old road which has been repaired.
  • Turn right towards Playa Azul, this part of the road goes for about 1.0 miles.
  • Then take a left turn for about 120 yards. Then go right to get into the parking area.
  • Walk through the block security tunnel to the elevator on the Parking P Level. The Lobby is the L Level.
The following link will guide you through google maps to playa encanto road, at the end of this route follow Playa Azul Resort sign. You are 2 miles away from the resort.

Get Directions Google Maps

Video Map

Starting on June 1, 2009, ALL US citizens will need a passport or a passport card to travel anywhere and by any means outside the United States. Currently, US citizens need a passport if they travel by air regardless of their destination. The new rule now applies to LAND and SEA travel as well. In the past US citizens have been able to reenter the country from Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean with just a photo ID and a birth certificate or other form of citizenship. The US State Department has been gradually phasing in tighter restrictions and the JUNE 1 rules will bring all travel in line, regardless of destination. The only exception is children under the age of 16. For travel from Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean they will continue to be allowed reentry with a birth certificate or naturalization paper. Of course children traveling outside North America will still need passports as they always have. The Passport Card: Did you know you can also get a passport card? It is much less then a passport book and you can even apply by mail!! GO to the website mentioned below for more information. For up to date information – here. To find a passport processing center near you – iafdb.travel.state.gov
Yes. Mexican law requires all travelers to obtain Mexican car insurance. Insurance can be purchased online through various agencies such as AAA, Costco, etc., If you need assistance in finding an agent, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Yes. The US government has very strict regulations about what travelers are allowed to bring back with them. The US restriction on alcohol is one liter per adult. You are also allowed to bring back shrimp and fish. Please do not bring back any fruits, vegetables, uncooked meats, or dairy products to the US – they are strictly prohibited.
Yes and no. The border crossing is simple. Just have your passports/birth certificates ready to show the Border Patrol agent and follow all instructions on the signs posted as you approach the booth. The time it takes to cross back into the US depends on the season, whether it’s a holiday weekend, Spring Break, or an average Sunday. During busy vacation times there are often delays due to everyone heading back to the border at the same time. During extremely busy weekends it’s always better to plan to stay and enjoy an extra day and avoid the traffic! You can check “live” wait times at the border crossing at this link and choosing “Mexican Border Ports of Entry” and then choosing “Lukeville”: http://bwt.cbp.gov/
Yes, certain US rental car companies, such as Enterprise, will allow you to rent a car or van and take it across the border to Rocky Point; however, you must purchase their Mexican insurance. If traveling in a rental car just be sure you have the valid rental agreement in your possession and proof of insurance.
Bring all you want. There is no restrictions at the border and each unit has a full-size kitchen. Its also smart to travel across the desert with plenty of water.
The units are fully furnished. You should bring towels and beach chairs for your time spent away from the room, but otherwise the units have all wears, linens and supplies.
Because each condo and villa is individually owned, we cannot guarantee that the unit you choose will have beach chairs and an umbrella. There are loungers in the pool area and at the large Palapa, but these loungers may not be taken onto the beach.
Each unit is privately owned and so the inventory will vary slightly. By in large, the units all have the basics for preparing traditional meals. Owners are free to elaborate about these type of furnishings on their profile so you are welcome to look around at View Units.
No. we have a strict policy of no pets allowed.
There is wifi in the lobby area.
Some do, some don’t. Regardless, you’ll likely be roaming so fees will incur.
Yes, in most places.
Once you get the highway 3 to Rocky Point is around 20 minutes.
Each unit, depending upon the size, has strict occupancy limits that are shown on each unit’s description page. If you are traveling with a large group, please contact us and we will do everything possible to assist you in choosing the appropriate units for your group. At check-in, bracelets identifying you as a Playa Azul Resort rental guest will be given to each member of your party. Occupancy limits include children, regardless of their age. Occupancy limits are strictly adhered to at Playa Azul Resort. Please be sure you are not bringing more people than the unit you have reserved allows. If you arrive with additional guests that are not within the occupancy limits you will be not be allowed to check-in and will not receive a refund.
You can view the available units for the dates you have chosen for your vacation and your reservation will be made for the unit you choose. However, and due to circumstances beyond our control such as maintenance issues that cannot be immediately resolved, there may be instances where we will need to re-accommodate you to a comparable unit. We do everything we can to avoid those types of situations, but are unable to guarantee a situation that may be beyond our control when you check-in.
No fireworks or bonfires are allowed on Playa Azul Resort property or on Federal Beach Areas. A renting guest found with fireworks will be evicted from the resort and no refund will be given.
You may not use any type of barbecue inside the unit. There are BBQ’s located in the common area by the large Palapa.
For drinking purposes, most everyone drinks bottled water. Please bring your own water, or purchase in town. During the summer it can get very hot on the beach and to avoid dehydration we recommend that in addition your beverage of choice you bring small water bottles with you for your cooler.